Kansas City Fountains Night Photography Workshop
June 2nd 6-10pm - June 4th 6-9pm
Learn how to shoot water and fountains from one of the most skilled night photographers in Kansas City, Mike Jensen.
Affordably priced for Kansas City camera club members, this workshop will teach you:
- Technical knowledge for photographing fountains at night
- ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture
- Compositional insight
- Mike's key methods for equal tonal values
- Importance of White Balance in photographing water
- Use of various filters to help with exposure
The second part of the workshop will include a critique of your photos and editing instruction in LR/PS
- Use of Lightroom & Photoshop to properly edit your photos for presentation through digital projection or print
- DSLR camera
- Ability to make up to 30 second exposures
- Tripods are a must for stable and sharp images.
- Flash might be helpful, but in now way is necessary
- Neutral density filter would be helpful to help slow down exposures for longer, silkier water. A polarizer will also do the trick.
Mike uses Lightroom and Photoshop for editing of photographs. The second part of the workshop will involve class participants submitting images for Mike's critique.
Mike will also demonstrate his editing technique for images taken in this workshop. Mile will demonstrate and teach by using Lightroom and Photoshop. If participants are not familiar with these softwares, free trials can be downloaded from the Adobe.com website.
Mike is a big fan of Photo Societies and Camera Clubs and he's a member of three Kansas City clubs and an invited teacher, lecturer and speaker at five regional clubs.